Important Facts to Consider Before Planning a Trip to Kerala During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Many of us are currently adjusting to the ‘new normal’ in our COVID environment. Travel and vacation planning have resumed a year after the international lockdowns, but with some modifications. Travelers planning their yearly holiday are still apprehensive, and rightfully so! The threat of a pandemic still exists. With a few simple measures, though, one can go on vacation and enjoy that much-needed ‘away.’ Here are a few pointers to help you have a safe and stress-free journey:…
Few Guidelines for Tourists
- Before entering Kerala, you must register. https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in
- All visitors visiting Kerala are required to undergo a 14-day quarantine at home. Those on a 7-day or shorter trip do not need to be isolated for 14 days.
- Domestic visitors staying for more than seven days must either present a COVID-negative certificate (RTPCR test/Rapid Antigen test done 48 hours prior to arrival from an ICMR/state government-approved laboratory) or pay for a Rapid Antigen Test/RTPCR test when they arrive.
- The passenger should adhere to all Covid-19 advice and precautions while in Kerala, including social separation, frequent hand washing, and using face masks.
- If you’re feeling any symptoms, don’t travel at all.
- According to MHA guidelines, pregnant women, individuals over the age of 65, and children under the age of ten should take special measures.
- They must have a detailed agenda for the visit planned ahead of time.
- Tourists must book their hotel rooms ahead of time.